- It can be very easy to buy a shipping container. If you are residing near a port, then you will be able to find a lot of suppliers there. If you are not able to find any suppliers then you will need to have the container shipped to you. If you want to save your money then you must rent a truck that has a tilting bed or a long tilting trailer and goes pick the shipping container yourself.
- If you are looking to buy a budget-friendly shipping container then you should avoid those places that sell prefab containers with roll-up doors which are mainly used on the work sites. These containers are very expensive and secondly, you will have to change their layout to fit your own needs.
- If you want to save your money then you must search for containers on either on Craiglist or eBay. You will be able to find containers at a very reasonable price there. Moreover, there will be a Free Delivery if you live within the radius of 50 miles and there will also be a 3-year warranty.
- You can also check out some old and used containers which will help you to save some more money.
- You must also be careful that some of the shipping companies do not own the container you are about to buy. This can be determined by writing the number of the container and calling the owner, normally painted on the side.
- Search for the shipping containers for sale in NSW which are made up of “Cor-Ten Steel”. The reason behind it is that they are long lasting and they resist the inclement weather and rust.
- Hire an inspector from the Institute of International Container Lessons to examine your container. If you desire to have a sealable, secure and long-lasting container then you must ensure that you are having a good product by hiring the inspector from IICL. You can search for the inspector online near the location of the sale.
- First of all, try to build the interior and alternate roof off-site. You should remember that the container is a big metallic box and to build the prefabricated sections and sliding these sections at the last moment is also possible. If you do not do this you will have to work in the hot or cold hostile environment.
- When you have completed your house then make sure that your insurance carrier knows that it is Intermodal Steel Building Unit. This will impress your insurance companies because it has outstanding fire and safety ratings. These container houses are the best for the hurricane-prone areas like Florida because they are strong and sustainable.